Monday, February 13, 2012

A Ruby-Inspired Mani for Valentine's Day




Happy Monday!  Hope that you had a great weekend.  If you celebrated Valentine's Day early, I hope it was fabulous.  My husband, son, and I celebrated on Saturday evening, and therefore, I did my Valentine's Day manicure for our big night out at the Ninety-Nine!  I, of course, had to choose a red for my nails to celebrate.

I started this look by using China Glaze's PoinsettiaPoinsettia is a classic, festive red that looks great for the holiday.  I used two coats of polish on my nails and the color was gorgeous.  However, I was craving some bling, so I layered MILANI Nail Lacquer Jewel FX in red over it.  What a gorgeous combination!  I found this polish at CVS, where the line has other colored glitter polishes as well.

The Milani polish is a bottle of red glittery goodness!  Its application was so smooth and I was quite surprised by that.  I have purchased drug store glitter nail polish in the past,and have been very unhappy with the results.  Milani, however, packs a good amount of glitter on the brush and therefore goes on the nail smoothly with a generous application of sparkle.  While I did apply a few coats of the red effect over the Poinsettia, it doesn't look too heavy and the glitter isn't too sparse. 

I was so pleased with the finished look.  When I look down at my nails, I can't help but think of Dorothy's Ruby Slipper from Wizard of Oz.  My nails got the attention of a few waitresses Saturday night at dinner too, which made me happy.  I hope that you like this look as much as I do.  I also hope you have a great Valentine's Day!  Thanks for reading.  


3 comments:

  1. i need to get myself one of those , the bits in the polish are so fab looking!

    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, and I am not always sparkle ready myself, my 2 year old would love this for her toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment. Sometimes, as a sleep deprived Mom of a 2-year old boy and a newborn, my nails are the only thing that look sparkly on me.

      Delete