Sunday, March 4, 2012

A MANI TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF MY DAUGHTER



  Happy Sunday!  I am sorry that I haven't posted anything in three weeks.  However, it is with good reason.  My daughter, Julianne, was born on February 16th!  She is doing great but life is very busy with a newborn and a busy 2-year old boy!  I haven't had any polish on my nails in three weeks and have felt naked without it.  I finally got a few minutes last night to relax and do what I love to do...polish my nails with beautiful colors.  My color choice for this mani was an easy one...I used Julieanne, by Zoya!
 
Julieanne is a gorgeous jewel-toned shade of purple.  It has a pinkish-sparkle to it and is very rich and luxe.  I am a huge fan of jewel tones, and would have probably purchased this polish anyway, even if the name of it didn't have such significance to me.  The first coat went on very light, but by the time I went over it with a second coat, the color really intensified. 

To give my nails a little more pop, and to celebrate my daughter's birth, I used OPI's Save Me on my ring fingers.  As you know, I am a fan of ring finger nail bling, and I like to incorporate different colors into my manicures.  The silvery sparkle of Save Me reminds me of confetti and has a real celebratory feel to it.  Welcoming my Julianne into our family is cause for huge celebration!

I hope that you enjoy this one.  I look forward to getting back to the blog and posting on a more regular basis.  As a mom of two now, this blog is a nice escape at night.  Thanks so much for reading and I hope that you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment