Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break Week: Beach Bum Mani



Happy Sunday!  I Hope that you are enjoying your weekend.  With the arrival of daylight savings, it is easy to get excited about the Spring!  This time of year always reminds me of my college days, when I would take a spring break trip to somewhere warm.  Now, as a 30-something mother of 2, Spring Break is just a great memory and something to look forward to again in about 15 years.  In the meantime, I am going to celebrate Spring all week on my blog.  This week is dedicated to spring trends, fancy nails, tanning products, and great drinks...everything you could want on spring break, minus the beach and rest.

To kick off Spring Break week, I polished my nails using Essie's Beach Bum Blu.  I picked this color for a few reasons.  First, I picked this polish because its tropical shade of blue reminds me of the ocean in the Caribbean.  It is a tranquil hue that invokes a feeling of relaxation.  The second reason I chose this polish is the name.  If you can't actually be a beach bum, why not wear it on your nails?  Finally, I chose this color because this spring blues are in!  Any shade of blue from baby blue, to turquoise, to navy are hot colors for spring.  So this week, go ahead and paint your nails blue.  You might find it has a relaxing effect and you will be right on trend.

Glitter polishes are also going to be a big trend this season.  Therefore, I added OPI's Save Me to my ring finger.  I hope that you enjoy this look.  Thanks so much for reading.  Have a great day and enjoy that extra hour of daylight!




No comments:

Post a Comment