Friday, March 16, 2012

Survival Week

My son Michael
My daughter Julianne


TGIF!  Hope that you are having a great week.  I started this week planning to write posts on this blog related to Spring Break.  I was planning on testing self tanners, trying healthy tropical-themed drinks, and of course painting my nails in trendy spring colors.  However, my beautiful little daughter, who is 1-month old today, had other plans.  She has colic and acid reflux and her colic really peaked this week, making it difficult to do anything else but try to calm and soothe her.  Therefore, my Spring Break at home week turned into survival week at home with a colicky infant and a busy two-year old.  This week definitely  made me wish I had those carefree college days back when Spring Break was a party on a beach.  However, when I look at my two beautiful children, as tough as they can be, I wouldn't change my life for anything.   

Sure, I would love to sleep through the night again and be able to go out with my friends for drinks, but to me, being a Mother is worth every sleepless night. I love my kids more than I thought I could ever love!  So my plans for this week changed, but I don't care.  I would much rather tend to my daughter and take my son to the playground than do anything else. 

I will get back to my regular posts about polish, products, and pampering soon.  I am also going to post more about my adventures as a mother.  The Spa Mom is all about beauty, but beauty comes from the inside.  I firmly believe that when you are happy, you are beautiful.  My two children make me happier than I could ever imagine!  

I hope that you have a great weekend!  Thanks so much for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no...poor baby. My first two were 13 months apart so I can SO relate to just needing to survive it all! Hope she is better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete