Sunday, January 22, 2012

NFL Championship Sunday-Inspired Mani

 Happy Sunday!  It is cold out, there is a snow on the ground here in New England, and the Patriots are playing at home in the AFC Championship Game!  With it being such an exciting day, I couldn't help but be inspired to polish my nails with a New England Patriots theme!  The team colors are red, white, and blue.  However, silver is often incorporated into the logo and gear.  Therefore, I used China Glaze's Blue Year's Eve for my blue.  I LOVE this blue because it is a rich, royal blue that looks amazing in the middle of winter.  I polished two coats of Blue Year's Eve on my thumb, middle finger, and pinkie.  To incorporate the silver into this mani, I used OPI's Silver Shatter over the blue.  I really like this combination.  It creates an icy-blue look that reminds me so much of a cold winter day...much like today!

Finally, I used OPI's Big Apple Red on my index and ring finger to finish this Patriots-inspired manicure.  This red is one of my favorites because I think it is a classic American red!  I could have used some White Crackle or Shatter over the red, but decided that less is more in this case. 

I hope that you enjoy this look!  If you are a football fan, enjoy the games.  GO PATRIOTS!

1 comment: