Friday, January 13, 2012

Weekend Mani: Festive for My Son's Birthday Party



It is finally Friday!  Hope you had a great week.  What are you wearing on your nails this weekend?  I am wearing Did It On 'Em from OPI's Nicki Minaj collection.  I layered Super Bass over it for a very funky look!  I am quite excited about this look though.  While I don't really love it for an everyday look, it is perfect for my weekend plans.

This Sunday is my son's 2nd Birthday Party, and it is a Buzz Lightyear theme.  The lime green color of Did It On 'Em, along with the purple Super Bass shatter match Buzz's Space Ranger outfit.  All of the decorations for the party are lime green and purple, so my manicure fits right in.  I think that the older kids at the party, particularly the girls, will think it is cool! 

Did it On 'Em is the last color of the Nicki Minaj collection.  On the whole, I am impressed with these fun and funky colors from OPI.  The only color that I don't really care for is Metallic 4 Life, which was the black and sliver glitter polish.  I just don't love black on my nails, so I think that my dislike for the polish is a matter of personal preference.  My favorite, by far, is FLY, which is the ocean-colored turquoise shade in this collection.  I actually think that Did It On 'Em would look good with FLY for a bright and fun look.  (To see these colors, look on this blog.  I reviewed them all.)

Thank you so much for reading and I hope that you have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we should go for a style that is completely different from our normal preferences. Your party nails are cool to wear on average days too. The color combination is great; it looks like an avocado, which I think is very stylish. I'm sure the kids loved it.

    Beulah May @Bernards Salon And Spa

    ReplyDelete