Monday, December 5, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas Polishes: Day 1




Happy Manicure Monday!  Today, I am starting my 12 Days of Christmas Polishes.  For the next 12 days, I will be creating different looks inspired by all aspects of the season.  Today, on the first day, I have chosen China Glaze's Glittering Garland.  I chose this color first because my family and I were going to our city's Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and this polish reminded me so much of a fresh spruce tree.

Glittering Garland is a very festive green that features glitter right in the polish.  I love the glitter because it gives the green some bling without that extra step of adding a sparkly polish.  The shade is literally the color of garland or a tree.  It is a great holiday alternative to red.  While I adore the color red, especially during the holidays, it is an obvious choice.  Glittering Garland, or another shade of green, achieves that perfect Christmas manicure, while being a little different.

I painted my nails while my son was napping, and he of course woke up right as I was adding a second coat of polish.  Therefore, my manicure is a bit messy.  However, when the extra polish on my skin came off in the shower, my nails looked so much better.  People noticed my nails and complimented to color.  Glittering Garland is a festive and appropriate look for anything from a tree lightening ceremony to an office Christmas party.

Thanks so much for reading.  Come back tomorrow for my 2nd Day of Christmas Polishes review.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment