Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Polishes/Day 8 Pink Wednesday


Happy Pink Wednesday!  Today, my look was inspired by my wish for Christmas morning...SNOW!  What can I say, I live in New England and I love snow.  We haven't really had anything yet, so I am hoping that it will come soon.  Since it is Pink Wednesday, and I am still doing my 12 Days of Christmas Polishes, I wanted to try to incorporate the two.  To achieve this, I used three different polishes.

I used my favorite pink polish, China Glaze's Diva Bride as a base.  This color is beautiful, but very light.  Therefore, I applied three coats to my nails.  While I don't think the third coat was necessary, I wanted to pink hue to show through.  The most difficult part of doing this manicure was waiting for Diva Bride to completely dry.  I needed it to though because the next step in this look is applying Crackle.

I used China Glaze's Lightening Bolt (white crackle) over Diva Bride.  When I use Crackle, I make sure to apply a thinner coat to my nail.  I have found that the thicker the coat, the less likely you are to see the base color and it can start to look sloppy.  This combination looks so pretty, and could be worn for a great spring time or Easter look.  But in keeping with my winter theme, I needed to add some holiday sparkle to it.  That is where China Glaze's Snow Globe comes in. 

I applied one coat of Snow Globe over Diva Bride and Lightening Bolt.  As I have said before, I love this polish!  Layered over a lighter color, it really looks wintry and icy.  It reminds me of that iridescent look of snow in the morning sun. 

Thanks so much for reading!  Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment