Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas Polishes: Day 2


Happy Tuesday and welcome to Day 2.  On the second day of Christmas Polishes, the spa mom swatched for me Essie's Loophole layered with China Glaze's Tinsel Town.  I had two different inspirations for this look.  I wanted something silvery in keeping with the Christmas theme (think Silver Bells), and I also got a great bracelet from New York & Company to wear to a Christmas party.  The hue of Tinsel Town looked exactly like the bracelet.

Loophole is my first Essie purchase.  I LOVE this polish!  The first coat went on so smoothly that I really didn't need a second one.  Out of habit, I applied that second coat and the finish was amazing.  The silver color is beautiful and the polish is really high quality.  I wanted something sliver and festive, and couldn't find any other color at the beauty supply store that I liked as much.  Now that I have an Essie product, I plan on purchasing many more!

I applied Tinsel Town over Loophole to achieve that holiday look.  This glitter polish looks like it is silvery-black in the bottle.  However, when I applied it to my nail, it appeared icy-blue.  While I thought the polish was very pretty, it wasn't what I expected at all.  I applied a few coats of Tinsel Town to my nails so that they would look similar to my bracelet.  I do like this color, but I must admit that I think Essie's Loophole looked better by itself.  During these 12 days of Christmas Polishes, I am going to try to incorporate the beautiful silver polish to another holiday look. 

Thanks so much for reading!  Come back tomorrow for the 3rd look.  Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment