Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 7 of the 12 Days of Christmas Polishes: Green & Gold


Good Morning!  Welcome to Day 7 of the 12 Days of Christmas Polishes.  Today, I chose China Glaze's Holly-Day with their Twinkle Lights.  Between the Christmas green of Holly Day and the golden-glitter of Twinkle Lights, this combination reminds me of my Christmas Tree decorated with colored lights!

Holly-Day is a rich and creamy shade of green.  It looks very lush on and the shade closely resembles an evergreen tree.  It is from China Glaze's Let It Snow collection that came out this holiday season.  While the polish is gorgeous on its own, I wanted to layer it with something since yesterday's post was just a polish.  I did play around with some decals and crackled looks, but decided to layer it with the glitter polish Twinkle Lights.

Twinkle Lights is also from China Glaze's Let It Snow collection.  It is a gold sparkly polish with hints of red and green in the mix.  It looks pretty layered over a darker polish because you really notice its detail.  Over Holly-Day, it looks like lights on a tree. The only downside that I found to this glitter polish is that it has a watery consistency.  I had to apply a few coats of it to my nail so that the sparkle was evenly spread out.  I gave the bottle a good roll before application to mix it up, but it still appeared watery to me.  


 Thanks so much for reading!  I hope that you have a wonderful day.  Come back tomorrow for another Christmas-inspired look!

No comments:

Post a Comment