Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Polishes/ Sophisticated Holiday Red




Welcome to Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas Polishes.  Today, I went with a very simple, yet sophisticated color.  I chose China Glaze's Ruby Pumps!  While I am confident this polish has been out for a while, it is new to me.  I absolutely LOVE this color.  It is a beautiful ruby shade of red, with just the right amount of sparkle in the polish.  Since I have been trying to create new holiday looks every day, I have used a ton of glitter polish.  Ruby Pumps is great because I have achieved that Christmas bling look, without having to use more than one bottle of nail polish.

This color has a very elegant feel to it.  It is a perfect shade of red that anyone can wear.  I find that on some women, including myself, the bright, classic, fire engine shades of red are not flattering.  Depending on the hue, red can sometimes look cheap or overdone.  Not Ruby Pumps!  It is a warmer shade, and therefore is more universally flattering.  In fact, my Mom is a fan of this color and she is not one for flashy colors or sparkle. 

Ruby Pumps is a perfect polish for all things Christmas.  It looks great for parties and just as an everyday color.  I must admit that it is my new favorite lacquer and I will be a sporting it throughout the winter.  Thanks so much for reading!  Have a great evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment