Monday, December 19, 2011

The 12th Day of Christmas Polish: Festive in Red & Gold




Good Evening!  It is finally the 12th day of Christmas Polishes.  I have to admit that a nail polish blog is a lot of work and I give so much to credit to all of you who have one.  My look today is a simple, yet real holiday inspired look.  I used China Glaze's Poinsettia & Twinkle Lights. I think that the combination of red and gold is so timeless and elegant and I have used it for everything from my senior prom dress to the color scheme for my wedding.  I think it looks best at Christmas Time.

I used Poinsettia on all of my nails except my index finger.  I painted my index finger with Twinkle Lights for something different.  Poinsettia is a real classic Christmas red and Twinkle Lights is a gold glitter polish with specks of red and green in it.  To make the Twinkle Lights  pop off the nail, I did use about three coats of polish to cover the surface.  I applied two coats of the red to the rest of my nails.

Finally, on my ring finger, I applied some of China Glaze's Tarnished Gold, their crackle polish.  To tie the crackle in with the rest of the look, I applied one coat of Twinkle Lights over it.  I think that this look is funky and appropriate.  It is very easy and a great alternative to a plain red holiday manicure.

Thank you so much for reading this post and the other eleven posts that I wrote for the Christmas nails.  I hope that you have a fabulous holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment