Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas Polishes: Day 4/Shattered Candy Cane



 Happy Thursday!  Welcome to the 4th day of Christmas Polishes.  My inspiration for this manicure was one of the most well-known Christmas symbols...the Candy Cane!  For this look, I used OPI's Alpine Snow as a white base color on four of my fingers.  I used OPI's Big Apple Red on my ring finger.  Once the white completely dried, I used OPI's Red Shatter over it.  The shattered effect reminds me of a candy cane that dropped on the floor.

To add some additional nail art, I used Nail Art Decals by Cina.  The package that I purchased is ironically called Peppermint Stripe and contains adorable Christmas decals.  I stuck a candy cane on my ring finger, but the package also includes snowmen, trees, and wrapped presents.  Decals are a really fast and easy way to add some holiday nail art to your at-home mani!

I hope that you enjoy this look.  As always, have a great day and come back tomorrow for the 5th Day of Christmas Polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment