Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The 12 Days of Christmas Polishes: Day 3/Pink Wednesday




Happy Pink Wednesday!  Since I am on Day 3 of my Christmas Polishes, I wanted to incorporate pink into my look.  This look is inspired by a line in Twas the Night Before Christmas..."The children were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of sugar plums danced in their head." To interpret this look onto my nails, I chose mark. Trend Holiday Mini-Lacquers with China Glaze's Snow Globe.  The mark. polish is a very pretty pinkish berry shade, with a hint of shimmer.  While the color alone conjured up visions of sugar plums in my own head, I thought that by adding Snow Globe it would be more appropriate.  Snow Globe is a pretty, white glitter polish and therefore, reminded me of sugar. 

I think this look is charming and festive.  The mark. polish is pretty anytime of the year, but is especially appropriate in the fall and winter, since it is a warm berry shade.  Adding Snow Globe just adds that extra holiday sparkle. 

In doing some research for this post, I found out interesting facts about sugar plums.  They are not made of plums at all.  Sugar plums instead, are a sweet made of sugar-coated seeds.  It was considered a real holiday treat back in the day because sugar was extremely expensive. (http://deborah-harding.suite101.com/the-best-sugar-plum-recipes-for-christmas-a169752)  It is amazing the history behind some of our Christmas traditions.

Thanks so much for reading.  I hope you  have a great day and be sure to check back tomorrow for another Christmas inspired look.  I am thinking something with candy canes!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment